The Board’s Congressional Budget Justification in support of the FY 2015 President’s Budget has been posted on our web site at Congressional Budget Requests. The President’s Budget requests new budget authority of $30.150M and 125 FTEs for the Board.
The Board has approved a Strategic Plan for FY 2014 – FY 2018 outlining four strategic goals and accompanying strategic objectives. The plan was prepared pursuant to the GPRA Modernization Act of 2010 and using the guidance provided by OMB Circular A-11. It has been posted to our public web site at the following link.
- The Honorable Dr. Kenneth L. Mossman, PhD
Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board
Member of the Board
April 1946 to January 2014
Dr. Kenneth L. Mossman was nominated by President Barack H. Obama to take a seat as a Member of the Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board (Board), and confirmed by the United States Senate on November 14, 2013.Attachment:
Safety in Design, Operations, and Emergency Preparedness at the Y-12 National Security Complex
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 | Knoxville Convention Center
- The Board’s FY 2013 Performance and Accountability Report has been posted.
You can view the PDF here
- The Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board (Board) is soliciting comments from interested parties on its draft FY 2014–2018 Strategic Plan. Comments will be accepted through November 30, 2013, and should be sent via electronic mail to email@example.com . The final plan will replace the Board’s FY 2011–2016 Strategic Plan, dated March 1, 2011.
Washington, DC – October 22, 2013: The Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board (Board) is pleased to announce that Steven A. Stokes has been named the Board’s Technical Director.Attachment:
- DNFSB FY 2014 Shutdown Plan in the Event of a Funding Hiatus
Please download the PDF for more information.Attachment:
- The Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board (Board) is pleased to announce that Richard N. Reback has been named the Board’s Deputy General Counsel.Attachment:
Safety Culture, Emergency Preparedness, and Nuclear Explosive Operations at Pantex
Thursday, March 14, 2013 | Amarillo Civic Center
Video replay of this Meeting is now available.
- The Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board is pleased to submit to Congress its Twenty-Third Annual Report for Calendar Year 2012.
The Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board (DNFSB) FY 2011 Service Contract Inventory Analysis and FY 2012 Service Contract InventoryAttachment:
- Board Operating Practices and Procedures: This policy statement summarizes how the board members conduct business and execute health and safety oversight responsibilities pursuant to 42 U.S.C.§ 2286.Attachment:
Factors That Could Affect the Timely Execution and Safety of the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) Project
Tuesday, October 2, 2012 | Knoxville Convention CenterAttachment:
The Board has released the data from this years, 2012 Annual Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey. Survey Results, can be found at the link above.
- The Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board (Board) is pleased to announce that David S. Jonas has been named the Board’s General Counsel.Attachment:
The Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board is pleased to announce that Mr. Sean Sullivan of Ledyard, Connecticut has been named as its newest member. He was confirmed by Congress on August 2, 2012, for a term expiring October 18, 2015.Attachment:
The Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board has published its proposed Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Fee Schedule Update and solicits comments from interested organizations and individual members of the public.