Pursuant to the provisions of the Government in the Sunshine Act, 5 U.S.c. § 552b, and as authorized by 42 U.S.c. § 2286b, notice is hereby given of a three part public hearing and meeting in Richland, Washington. Interested persons or groups may present comments, technical information, or data to the Board on the announced topics.
Matters to be Considered
This hearing concerns safety-related aspects of the design and construction of the Department of Energy's Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant at the Hanford Site. Prior to the hearing, the Board will send to the Department of Energy a series of questions to which written answers will be expected. The answers supplied by the Department will be posted on the Board's Internet website prior to the hearing. These written responses will be treated as part of the hearing record and will be used by the Board to assist in framing the issues to be explored in oral testimony. Technical issues under review include:
- changes in safety-related design criteria resulting from modification of the material-at-risk,
- changes in design strategy to address hydrogen in pipes and ancillary vessels,
- criticality safety concerns and other safety-related risks for the pulse jet mixing system,
- reclassification of safety-related systems, structures, and components, and
- safety-related design aspects of new facilities or modifications of existing facilities needed to deliver highlevel waste feed.
The Board will be prepared to accept any other information related to public health or safety, including that of the workers with respect to the Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant.
|Session I Thursday - Hanford Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant (WTP)||Public Hearing Transcript|
|Session III Friday - Hanford Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant (WTP)||Public Hearing Transcript|
|Session II Thursday - Hanford Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant (WTP)||Public Hearing Transcript|