How to Apply for This Job
You may apply for this position with a resume, or other application format of your choice, such as the Optional Application for Federal Employment, OF-612, or the SF-171.
Additional information pertaining to your work experience may be provided by addressing the Rating Factors under "Basis of Rating." In addition, Federal employees must submit a current performance appraisal and a recent Form SF-50, "Notification of Personnel Action," documenting proof of Federal employment.
To ensure you receive full consideration, remember to check the vacancy announcement for any specific application requirements.
Prior to appointment, applicants are required to undergo screening for illegal drug use. After employment, individuals are subject to random drug testing. Applicants are required to obtain and maintain a "Q" level security clearance.
Veterans preference will be given only with proof of status submitted with the application.
Acceptable Application Formats
- SF-171 - This form is no longer in print, but all Federal government agencies still accept the SF-171.
- OF-612 - The newest acceptable application format. It is similar to the SF-171, but a bit shorter. You may obtain the OF-612 (Optional Form 612) from any Federal agency or OPM's website at www.opm.gov/forms/html/of.htm
- Resume - Another new acceptable application format. There are many details that must be included in a resume submitted for Federal employment. If you choose this format you must include the following:
- Personal Information - Full name, mailing address, day/evening phone numbers, Social Security Number, Citizenship (Requires United States Citizenship), Veterans' Preference (Must attach your DD-214; submit SF-15 if claiming 10 pt preference) and Reinstatement eligibility if previously held career or career-conditional status.
- Job Information - Vacancy announcement number, and title and grade(s) of the job for which you are applying.
- Education - High School - Name, city and State (Zip code if known), Date of diploma or GED; Colleges and universities - Name, city and State (Zip code if known), Majors, Type and year of any degrees received. (If no degree, show total credits earned and indicate whether semester or quarter hours.)
- Work Experience - Give the following information for your paid and non-paid work experience related to the job for which you are applying. Job title (include series and grade if Federal job); Duties and accomplishments; Employer's name and address; Supervisor's name and phone number; Starting and ending dates (month and year); Hours per week; and Salary. Also, indicate if we may contact your current supervisor.
- Other Qualifications - Job-related training courses (title and year); Job-related skills, for example, other languages, computer software/hardware, typing speed; Job-related certificates and licenses (current only); Job-related honors, awards or special accomplishments, such as publications, memberships in professional or honor societies, leadership activities, public speaking and performance awards.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program
For Displaced Employees Who Are Requesting Special Selection Priority Consideration
If you are a Federal displaced employee you may be entitled to receive priority consideration under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program. To receive consideration you must:
1. Be a Federal displaced employee.
The following categories of candidates are considered displaced employees. [You must submit a copy of the appropriate documentation such as RIF separation notice, letter from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), or your agency documenting your priority consideration status with your application package.]
- Current or former career or career-conditional (tenure group I or II) competitive service employees who:
1) received a special RIF separation notice; or
2) separated because of a compensable injury, whose compensation has been terminated, and whose former agency certifies that it is unable to place; or
3) retired with a disability and whose disability annuity has been or is being terminated; or
4) upon receipt of a RIF separation notice retired on the effective date of the RIF and submits a Standard Form 50 that indicates "Retirement in lieu of RIF"; or
5) retired under the discontinued service retirement option; or
6) was separated because he/she declined a transfer of function or directed reassignment to another commuting area;
- Former military reserve or National Guard technicians who are receiving a special OPM disability retirement annuity under section 8337(h), or 8456 of Title 5 United States Code.
2. Be applying for a position at or below the grade level of the position from which you are being separated. The position must not have a greater promotion potential than the position from which you are being separated.
3. Have a current performance rating of record (or last) of at least fully successful or equivalent. This must be submitted with your application package. (This requirement does not apply to candidates who are eligible due to compensable injury or disability retirement.)
4. Occupy or be displaced from a position in the same local commuting area of the position for which you are requesting priority consideration.
5. File your application by the vacancy announcement closing date and meet all the application criteria (e.g. submit all required documentation, forms, etc.)
6. Be rated well-qualified for the position. Well-qualified candidates are distinguished from minimally qualified candidates based on the rating criteria developed for this position.
|Position ID||Title||Pay Bands||Level||Class||Details Link|
|14-011||Group Lead for Performance Assurance||Professional||SES||www.usajobs.gov|
|14-010||Group Lead, Nuclear Materials Processing and Stabilization||Professional||SES||www.usajobs.gov|