As leader and/or individual contributor to multi-disciplinary oversight teams, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and analyzing design and operational data for adequacy of all aspects of fire protection systems, programs, and fire department activities related to nuclear safety within DOE’s defense nuclear complex, and providing written reports and briefings.
- Conducting special studies, modeling, analyses, or reviews within the area of fire protection such as those related to compliance with DOE and industry standards in design, construction, maintenance, and testing of fire protection equipment; fire department operations; fire modeling; and fire protection program implementation.
- Reviewing work products of consultants, DOE contractors, and others in this area of expertise.
- Assisting in identification and development of appropriate Board actions, including formal Board recommendations, to DOE.
- Reviewing and assessing the adequacy of DOE policies, programs, and activities that have the potential for affecting public health and safety.
- Undertaking on-site reviews and field assignments, as appropriate, to evaluate the implementation of fire protection requirements and observe activities.
- Assisting other members of the Board’s staff in addressing emergent fire protection questions.
- Mentoring junior members of the Board’s staff in the area of fire protection.
Friday, July 31, 2015 - Wednesday, September 30, 2015