There are four ways to obtain records and information:
- Visit our Public Reading Room (PRR)
- Location: 625 Indiana Avenue, NW, Washington, DC
- Public Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Assistance and Resources: Librarians are on hand to assist users in finding documents. A computer terminal is also available to search the Board's public electronic files. Copies can be made on the premises for a nominal charge.
As a visitor to the PRR, you are entitled to:
- Access posted Recommendations, notices of meetings, and personnel vacancy announcements.
- Review any of the 100,000+ documents in the DNFSB Library. The Library staff will provide you with a subject printout covering your areas of interest from which you can make selections for full text.
- Receive, free of charge, DNFSB's Annual Reports, Recommendations, and all other reports. If needed, all other material will be provided to you at minimal cost, using the DNFSB's current Fee Schedule. DNFSB's copying fees are posted here and in the PRR.
- Expect to be received with courtesy and respect. Knowledgeable staff will be helpful, and we will work with you to help define your areas of interest. You will be helped immediately and will receive service that is responsive to your needs. We strive to provide "same day" research and duplication service for documents currently in our public files.
DNFSB maintains a PRR for the purpose of providing easy access to a substantial portion of the Board's records.
- Access the DNFSB Web site
- Contact DNFSB
- Get on our mailing list
You are entitled to be placed on our mailing list to receive new Board Recommendations, Reports, Reports to Congress, Public Hearing/Meeting Notices, and special announcements.
This constantly expanding resource provides rapid access to many important Board documents, such as Recommendations to the Department of Energy, Site Rep Weekly Reports, Staff Issue Reports, Technical Reports, Letters and Correspondence, and Reports to Congress. Links are also provided to many other Web sites at DOE and other locations here. Upcoming Board Public Hearings/Meetings are posted here on the website and in the Federal Register.
You can make a direct request for documents to DNFSB using our web-based contact form, e-mail or telephone. See Contact Us for more information.